For several years, Wirthwein Medical has successfully manufactured application-specific test tubes, which, among others, are also used for COVID19 tests in laboratory diagnostics.
Through years of experience in development and production competencies, several 64-cavity series injection molds were produced, qualified and validated in record time for a short-term order for the production of test tubes (liquid volume 2 ml). Thanks to high-cavity precision molds and optimal mold cooling it was possible to realize an optimal cycle time to ensure customer requirements. Wirthwein Medical produces a monthly volume of several million pieces in a highly automated injection molding process.
Wirthwein Medical places the utmost importance on meeting customer-specific requirements concerning mechanical and thermal stresses, tightest tolerances and purity of the test tubes. Products are manufactured under ISO Class 7 clean room conditions. Consistently high product quality is ensured by certified quality management
In addition to controlled manufacturing conditions under clean room conditions, the products are stored under monitored temperature and humidity conditions.
- Production of test tubes for diagnostic applications
- Customized filling quantities and dimensional as well as tolerance requirements
- Transparent or translucent plastics
- Test tubes with or without cap
- Clean room production ISO class 7, DIN EN ISO 14644-1
- Quality management pursuant to DIN EN ISO 13485, 15378 and 9001
- Fully automated injection molding process including design, development, project management, mold construction, injection molding and customized printing, packaging and assemblies